Memorial Day Ceremony
Town Common at 5:30PM
Monday, May 29, 2017
The Hollis Memorial Day ceremony is an evening ceremony at the Hollis Town Common. All participants and attendees should assemble at 5:15 PM at the Town Common. A "Color Guard" will march from Memorial Park to the Town Common at 5:30 PM, kicking off the event for the day.
At the town common, all attendees will witness a solemn ceremony in commemoration of our fallen military, the announcement of winning essays by local students, a ceremony for lowering the flag and firing of rifles as a salute to the fallen as well as chosen words from a guest speaker(s).
It is anticipated that the following groups will participate without need for formal invitations:
- Boy and Girl Scouts
- Town Departments (Fire, Police, Rescue, Highway, etc)
- Town Band
- Social and community clubs (Garden, Historic, Women's, Seniors, etc)
- School groups (band, choral groups, interact, etc)
- It is the intention that everyone be invited to participate without exclusion to anyone.
- If you live, work, study or play in Hollis, you are invited to participate in the Memorial Day ceremony.
- For specific questions, please contact event coordinator, Jim Belanger 465-2301
If we cancel (by or before 4 PM) due to inclement weather, the ceremony will be at the Lawrence Barn Community Center on Depot Road starting at 5:30 PM. Check with the Hollis Communications Center for any changed plans due to weather.