Hollis Seniors Newsletter Hollis, NH 03049
President: Donna Wardlow P: 673-6415 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Vice President: Marion Keith P: 465-2713 Email: email@example.com
Secretary: Bob Fiero P: 966-0709 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Nancy Bell P: 465-7822 Email: email@example.com
Editor/Photographer: Andy Seremeth P: 880-8685 Email: Aseremeth@aol.com
Programs: Sheryl Ryder P: 465-2706 Email: Sryder2706@aol.com
Hollis Seniors meet every Thursday at the Lawrence Barn Community Center. Gathering starts at 11 AM and Meals on Wheels is usually brought in at noon. A program usually follows the meal or members stay and socialize, playing games of their choice.
Hollis Seniors web site: www.Hollisseniors.org
Email group: Hollisfirstname.lastname@example.org
This newsletter for July will be in “electronic” format only, as we normally do not issue newsletters for July and August. This newsletter will be a test to see how well Hollis senior members receive it. It will also be a test for Dawn to see how well it can be added to our Hollis Seniors website that is now hosted by the Town of Hollis.
To start, we had a busy June. We had our annual picnic, we had a presentation by Jennifer Belanger, who is the Town Animal Officer (see photo), we had an opportunity for folks to clean out their attics and donate “good stuff,” Andy and Loretta presented a travel-log of their trip to the Netherlands and Belgium, and Don and Sheryl gave us a 4th of July presentation. And we still ended up with birthday cake and ice cream.
Activities for the Month of July:
- 6 July: No meeting, the barn will be closed
- 13 July: Yoga will be held, from 10:15 to 11:00. Then, the barn will close and folks will go to the Nashua Fish Hatchery for a tour. Them the group will go to Denny’s for lunch, starting at 12:30.
- 20 July: Citizen’s Bank will present a program on Identity Fraud. Please remember to bring you lunch
- 27 July: Birthday cake and ice cream. And remember to bring your lunch.
July birthdays: Pam Arpin, Janet Defeo, Dorothy Harnish, Susan Laurenson, Basil Mason, Sheryl Ryder, Janice Shedd, and Pat Walsh.
August birthdays: Florence Baker, Clarke Davis, Ken Labaugh, Jacqueline Marden, Mary Mellgard, Jane Nichols, Richard Nichols, Cheryl Pierkarski, and Virginia Wilkins.
We have 2 months of birthdays listed, as there will not be a printed July and August newsletter.
If we forgot someone, it is because we do not have your birth month for our database. Please see Bob Fiero to update your information and renew your membership.
Future activities: TBD
1. We have a business meeting the last Thursday of every month (except Thanksgiving). Be sure to attend.
2. The SVTC bus service has gotten better. If you have any questions, call Nashua transportation at 880-0100 Ext 1. And you can visit the SVTC web site at www.SouheganRides.org. And if you have not registered with the “blue bus”, please do so by calling the above number.
3. Senior notification. The Hollis communication center has a procedure in place by which seniors can be registered for Health and Welfare phone calls. Forms to register for this service are available from the Communications Center.
4. For members that have Charter Cable service, the Hollis Public Service Channel is Channel 191. For those with TDS, it is Channel 12. When there is “bad” weather, please check the appropriate channels for school closings and/or delays, which will mean there will be no seniors meeting.
Please let me know if you have suggestions for activities you are interested in for the group.
Hollis dog officer (Jennifer) with her assistant.