Please practice increased vigilance when asked to provide personal information over the telephone or via email by entities claiming to provide unemployment benefits as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak. Click here for the detailed News Release from Attorney General Gordon J. MacDonald and New Hampshire Employment Security Commissioner George Copadis.
How to Protect Yourself from Scams:
- Never provide any personal information such as your social security number or date of birth without verifying the person with whom you are communicating
- Never provide any banking information without verifying the person with whom you are communicating
- Never deposit suspicious or unexpected checks into your account
- Never wire funds to strangers
- Do not open any unsolicited emails or attachments if they are not from a familiar or trusted source or contain suspicious subjects or no subject line even if from a recognized sender
- If the offer appears "too good to be true", it probably is