SENIOR CITIZEN RESPONSE PROGRAM
In order to participate in this program, we ask that you follow the instructions listed below, and return the Senior Citizens Response Program Information Sheet to the Hollis Police Department. As soon as your request is processed, you will be notified of the starting date. If you have any questions regarding the Program, please call 465-7637 Monday through Friday, and we will assist you.
1. Complete the Senior Citizens Response Program Information Sheet, providing us with as much information as possible.
2. Do not begin the program until you have been contacted by the Hollis Police Department.
3. Once you have been contacted, you will call the police station EVERY DAY 465-7637
PLEASE DO NOT CALL ON ANY OTHER LINE, UNLESS YOU ARE CALLING FOR ANOTHER REASON. For non-emergency police, fire or ambulance business, please call 465-7637; for any emergency, including fire, police or ambulance, dial 9-1-1
4. When making your daily call-in, simply tell the dispatcher your name and that you are safe and well. Please keep your message brief so that the line will be open for others to call in.
5. Please notify the station 24 hours in advance if you are going to be away. We need to know how long you will be gone and the exact date that you will resume the program (Senior Citizen Response Program.)
6. If we do not hear from you by 9:00 AM on any day that you are participating, we will phone you. In the event that you do not answer, we will send an officer to your residence to see if you are in trouble or unable to reach the phone.
7. The Program is completely voluntary, and you may discontinue at any time by calling the station and requesting that your name be removed.
We are happy to provide this service to you. It is our hope that this program will contribute to your safety and well being, and if we can ever be of service to you in any way, please do not hesitate to contact us.