An ordinance requiring certain persons selling merchandise to obtain a permit:
EFFECTIVE 15 JULY 1985
BE IT ESTABLISHED BY THE BOARD OF SELECTMEN OF THE TOWN OF HOLLIS THAT:
1. Any person who does not own or operate a place of business in the Town of Hollis, and who, in said Town of Hollis, goes door to door or place to place and sells, or attempts to sell, or takes orders for any goods, wares, services or merchandise, either for themselves or as agents for any person, business, firm, corporation, or organization not maintaining an established place of business within the Town of Hollis, must first obtain a permit from the Chief of Police.
2. An application for a Permit to Solicit shall be filed with the Chief of Police prior to the issuance of said permit. Such application shall state the name and address of the person, business, firm, corporation, or organization for whom the permit is requested, the purpose for which the permit is requested, the hours during which the soliciting will be made, and the length of time for which the permit is requested. Further, the application shall include the date and place of birth of person making the application of said permit, as well as for all persons who will be soliciting under the authority and said permit.
- 2-A. No solicitation shall be made after 6:00 PM, except by prior appointment with the person upon whom the solicitation is being made.
- 2-B. A permit shall be valid for the period requested, but not more than one year from date of issue.
3. All civic, charitable, religious and fraternal organizations affiliated or operating within the Town of Hollis shall be exempt from this ordinance.
4. Any person, business, firm, corporation, or organization selling or attempting to sell, or taking orders for goods, wares, services or merchandise, or soliciting for donations or any other reason hereinbefore stated, without first having obtained a permit as aforesaid mentioned, shall be fined not more than Fifty Dollars ($50.00) for the first offense, and not more than One Hundred Dollars ($100.00) for each subsequent offense.
You will find a blank permit here.