PURPOSE AND GOALS:
To review all development proposals and to ensure they are consistent with the community's goal of maintaining Hollis's rural and historic character. The Board administers the Town's Zoning Ordinance, Site Plan and Subdivision Regulations and is charged with maintaining the Master Plan, a key land use policy document for the community.
1st & 3rd Tuesday of each month; 7:00pm; Town Hall Community Room
7 regular and up to 5 alternates (3-year terms)
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP:
A deep appreciation for the character of the community is the most important trait for all members.
Specific criteria include:
- Is committed to contributing to the community.
- Although not required, background in land use and environmental matters is helpful.
- Willingness to listen to other points of view.
- Willing and able to spend, on average, about 4 - 6 hours per month at meetings; site walks are often required and can occurprior to a meeting or on a Saturday. Additional time commitments may be necessary to undertake special projects.
- Must have the capability of building consensus, solve problems and execute projects while working within a diverse group.
- Must be comfortable in a very public setting and being involved in group discussions, sometimes in front of large audiences.