PURPOSE AND GOALS:
Provide a voice for farmers, preserve rural character, promote agriculturally based economic activities, and assist in the protection of agricultural lands within the Town of Hollis.
2nd Thursday of each month; 7:30pm; Town Hall Community Room
5 regular and 2 alternate
CRITERIA FOR MEMBERSHIP:
Unlike some other boards and committees in Hollis, almost all of the activities of the Agricultural Commission are self-defined. So, members of the Commission must be proactive in building relationships with members of the agricultural community, and in identifying and enacting initiatives which support the Commission's Mission.
Specific criteria include:
- loves living in Hollis, and is committed to contributing to the community;
- appreciates the "rural character" of Hollis, and understands the value of promoting agriculture as a way preserving rural character;
- willing and able to spend, on average, about 4 hours per week on Commission business, inside and outside of monthly meetings;
- has capability to build consensus, solve problems and execute projects while working within a diverse group
- experience in the following areas is not necessary, but would be a plus:
a. agricultural business,
b. marketing or public relations,